New Release Strategy
Posted: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:17
The BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) has just launched a new scheme to support some of the best new films from across the globe. This exciting new initiative aims to work with distributors and cinemas/exhibitors to find the right audience for these films.
The first two films to receive FAN support have been announced:
- The Pearl Button, Patricio Guzmán's Berlin Film Festival Silver Bear winner, (New Wave, 18 March release).
- Mustang, Deniz Gamze Ergüven's Oscar and Golden Globe nominee (Best Foreign Language Film) (Curzon Artificial Eye, 13 May release).
Every film is different so what's on offer for each one will vary, from events with film talent to Facebook advertising campaigns to educational resources – entirely free of charge for exhibitors.
So, in general, what can Film Hub members and exhibitors expect from a FAN supported film?
- A bigger marketing and press campaign, raising visibility and targeting specific audiences in every region of the UK.
- Access to regional preview screenings.
- A comprehensive marketing pack created by exhibitors for exhibitors, with top-quality, tailored content to take the hard work out of reaching your audiences. It will include: web and social media assets; press templates; key national and regional partners and networks to tap into.
- Interesting and alternative shareable content for each of the titles.