Film Hub Midlands membership is FREE to qualifying organisations and offers a range of benefits, including:
- Funding opportunities - schemes for audience development and bursaries for training and development, in line with FAN objectives
- Development opportunities - access to training & professional development courses and events; peer-to-peer mentoring and support
- Networking opportunities - events, conferences and meetings hosted by the Hub and its partners, and across FAN
- Collaboration opportunities - participation in joint programming and audience development projects, and regional and national initiatives with reach and profile
- Advice and guidance - accessible support about a range of topics including programming and audience development activity
- Audience insight - access to up to date research and market intelligence on audiences and film exhibition trends
- Marketing support - promotion through Hub and FAN web sites, mailing lists and social media channels
- Advocacy - the chance to be part of a stronger collective voice for film exhibition and audiences
How to Join
We welcome membership applications from any organisation that:
- Screens films to public audiences or its membership (or has plans to do so within the 12 month period from joining) and/or
- Has a related interest in broadening the range of film available to audiences and in enriching the cultural value of communal film screening activity.
Eligible organisations include (but are not limited to):
- Cinemas (independent and local/national circuits)
- Mixed arts venues
- Volunteer-run film societies and community cinemas
- Touring cinemas and community screen networks
- Film festivals
- Screen archives
- Regular pop-up film events
- Academic institutions
- Museums and galleries
- Local authority departments and agencies
- Local and regional development agencies
- Community groups and leisure providers
In order to join, prospective members must share FAN's vision and strategic priorities as set out in BFI2022.
In addition, organisations must be formally constituted (e.g. as a community interest company or limited liability company registered at Companies House; a charity or trust registered with the Charity Commission; a Local Authority or statutory body; or a voluntary group with a written constitution and bank account).
Most of the financial support offered by the Hub is only available to members. However, membership does not automatically confer eligibility for particular schemes and initiatives, and applicants should consult the criteria of individual calls for full details of who can apply.
Private individuals are not eligible for FAN membership in their own right, but are encouraged to sign-up to the Film Hub Midlands newsletter to keep in touch with FAN news and developments around the Midlands and the UK.
To become a member, simply complete the application form at the link below.