We provide resources, training and funding for film exhibition with a particular emphasis on growing new audiences for British independent and international film and raising awareness of film and film culture in the region.
We're covering the counties of Derbyshire, Birmingham/West Midlands, Herefordshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, and Worcestershire.
About the Film Audience Network
The Film Audience Network (FAN) was set up in 2012, using funds from the National Lottery to support a stronger and more connected approach to growing audiences for British and international film on the big screen.
FAN is made up of eight regional and national Film Hub Lead Organisations (FHLO) providing a comprehensive geographic reach across the UK with the aim of increasing the breadth and depth of film available to audiences.
FAN is central to the BFI's commitment in BFI2022, its current five year plan, to giving everyone, everywhere in the UK the opportunity to enjoy and learn from the richest and most diverse range of great British and international filmmaking, past, present and future.
The priorities for FAN under BFI2022 are as follows:
- Engaging audiences - maximising the number of audiences engaging with FAN activity and increasing the quality and cultural depth of their experience
- Broadening film choice - increasing access to a wide range of independent British and international film for audiences – especially those outside London
- Diversity - increasing the diversity of audiences engaging with FAN activity
- Young audiences - boosting participation of 16-30 year olds in FAN activity
- Screen heritage - facilitating greater access to archive content with a particular focus on national and regional collections
- Skilled workforce - enhancing the quality of audience-facing activity, deepening knowledge and building capability in its membership
Phone: 0115 9526 611